The purpose of the recreational soccer program is to provide the development of the soccer playing ability of the child. Children with little or no soccer experience should play in the recreational program. This will allow them to develop their soccer skills in preparation for advancement to competitive level play.
Each year, players are assigned to teams on which all players must play at least 50% of the time throughout the season. We encourage the use of small-sided games in the youngest age groups to maximize skills development. In addition, we sponsor recreational jamborees, which feature tournament-style of play.
Coaches are parent volunteers with varied levels of experience/knowledge of the game. Without our parent volunteers, we wouldn’t exist so please consider giving your time. Additionally, all children are placed on a team, regardless of experience or skill.
Our U5/6 division practices are led by a professional coaches, providing better development for the players and helping parent-coaches learn how to run an effective practice.
Registration: 2020 Spring/Fall Season Canceled
Ages ranges: Age of the player is based on their birth year. For Ex. 2007 = U14, 2010 = U10 (players do not "age-up" until the following Fall) If you were U9 in the Fall you remain U9 in the Spring.
- Born 2013-2012 U7/8 (7v7)
- Born 2011-2010 U9/10 (7v7)
- Born 2009-2008 U12 (9v9)
- Born 2007-2006 U14 (11v11)
Fees: $200 U7/U8; $230 U9/10-U12; $275 U14 per player. Discount Will be issued at the end of the season for all Coaches/asst coaches and other volunteers upon proof of work.
Refunds: will only be issued if your child cannot be placed on a team. Refunds for voluntary withdrawals are at the Board’s discretion and will be subject to a $50 cancellation fee.
Requests: You may make 1 coach and 1 friend request; NO REQUESTS ARE GUARANTEED. No refund will be given, if your child is not placed on the team you desired, NO EXCEPTIONS.
New Players: A copy of your child’s passport or birth certificate (Certificate of Vital Record issued by the county recorder) to verify the child’s age must be uploaded into the registration program during registration if not previously uploaded.
Returning Players: You will be notified by the Registrar, if proof of age is required.
- Teams will play an 8/10-game season, with games being held on Saturdays, and sometimes on Sundays due to field availability.
- Games will begin in late March and will be completed the weekend before Memorial Day, most likely. Unfortunately, any rained-out games will not be able to be made-up.
- Practice times/days are assigned to coaches based on player age a field availability. Practices generally begin in early to mid-March, as the coaches are identified, and teams are formed. The number of practices will vary, and generally increase with the age of the child.
- Games and practices are generally held at local schools/parks in the Cambrian, Willow Glen and Rose Garden neighborhoods of San Jose, but sometimes may be at fields/parks in the City of Campbell.