We are so excited to welcome players back and know many families have been anxiously waiting to get back on the field. Due to challenges created by the COVID pandemic, all rec competitions this season will be small-sided games (4v4 with no goalies). This is a great developmental format popular in Europe that allows the kids to get lots of touches on the ball; it is increasingly being used here in the US as well.
The purpose of the recreational soccer program is to provide the development of the soccer playing ability of the child. Children with little or no soccer experience should play in the recreational program. This will also allow them to develop their soccer skills in preparation for advancement to competitive level play.
2021 Spring Rec Program
- Six week program
- 4v4 Competition
- U5/6 (2016 & 2015)
- Meet once a week for a 45 minute session
- $100 fee includes training shirt and a ball
- U7-12 (2014-2009)
- Meet twice a week for 60 minute sessions
- $150 fee includes training shirt and a ball
- 2008 and up: please email email@example.com if you are interested in leading an older age group. Put "OLDER REC" as your subject line.
- Coach and friend requests will be accepted with best efforts to honor.
- Groups will be led by two parent volunteers; one coach and one safety monitor to ensure compliance with all COVID protocols.
- No other parents will be permitted on the field; can observe from outside the fences.
- Location: Local schools/parks in the Cambrian/Willow Glen neighborhoods
- Elite coaches will provide soccer training plans appropriate for this format and for each age group.
- Parents need to review COVID safety training info with participants prior to the first session and reinforce the importance of following all of the rules.
- For Volunteers:
- Will need you to complete the mandatory COVID safety training
- Background checks, including fingerprinting, still required if not already cleared by the club.
- 50% discount for one child
- You get to choose the days for your group (limited by field availability)
- Season Matrix (birth year):
- 2016 U5
- 2015 U6
- 2014 U7
- 2013 U8
- 2012 U9
- 2011 U10
- 2010 U11
- 2009 U12
Late registration will be allowed but placement in a group will not be guaranteed.