Contact Us Email 2
We at Central Valley San Jose (CVSJ) are excited to inform you that we will be returning to play. We know many families have been anxiously waiting to get back on the field and we’re delighted to be able to provide a platform to return. However, we take our duty to our community seriously and now, more than ever, we have to prioritize member health and safety. We also in no way, shape, or form want to pressure or influence any of our families to rush back if they do not feel it is safe. We respect the decisions of our club members and support them entirely.
Central Valley SJ is committed to delivering quality soccer experiences, in flexible ways that meet all current health guidelines. Come be a part of our soccer community!
CV Select Program - Designed for those players (U10 and older) who are committed to fine-tuning their technical and tactical skills, as well as playing at the highest levels possible. Our Select program offers 8-10 months of training by volunteer coaches (licensed) and play in NorCal / CalNorth leagues. These players compete in traveling leagues and often enter numerous local, state, regional, and national tournaments.
Our kids' worlds are upside down - virtual school, can't hang out with friends, no soccer season. While we can't change the current status of COVID infections, we are excited to announce our Fall Program for recreational players!
Recently, the state released guidelines for youth sports. They allow outdoor training in small, stable cohorts as long as players maintain a minimum of six feet social distance. The county's protocols for day camps are consistent with the state's youth sports guidance, requiring the cohorts to be no more than 12 children per group.
The purpose of the recreational soccer program is to provide the development of the soccer playing ability of the child. Children with little or no soccer experience should play in the recreational program. This will also allow them to develop their soccer skills in preparation for advancement to competitive level play.
Registration for 2020 Fall Rec Program
- Six week program starting Monday, Sep 14th.
- All participants will be required to maintain social distance AT ALL TIMES.
- No games or scrimmages unless state and county orders are relaxed.
- U5/6 (2016 & 2015)
- Groups of 8 max
- Meet once a week for a 45 minute session
- $100 fee includes training shirt and a ball
- U7-12 (2014-2009)
- Groups of 12 max
- Meet twice a week for 60 minute sessions
- $150 fee includes training shirt and a ball
- 2008 and up: please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in leading an older age group. Put "OLDER REC" as your subject line.
- Coach and friend requests will be accepted with best efforts to honor.
- Groups will be led by two volunteers; one coach and one safety monitor to ensure compliance with all COVID protocols.
- No other parents will be permitted on the field; can observe from outside the fences.
- Location will vary depending on interest level; likely fields are Price MS, Fammatre Elementary and John Muir MS.
- Elite coaches will provide soccer training plans appropriate for this format and for each age group
- Parents need to review COVID safety training info with participants prior to the first session and reinforce the importance of following all of the rules.
- For Volunteers:
- Will need to complete mandatory COVID safety training
- Background checks, including fingerprinting, still required if not already cleared by the club.
- 50% discount for one child
- All of your children can be in your group (2016 & up)
- No additional equipment required; cones provided by club
- You get to choose the days for your group (limited by field availability)
DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, AUGUST 28TH
Late registration will be allowed but placement in a group will not be guaranteed.
Q&A for Player Training
How long is the Rec Training Program (COVID)? Typically a six week program
Will there be games or scrimmages? No games or scrimmages unless state and county orders are relaxed.
Can I participate in multiple sports or group activities? Children may only participate in one group within a three week period. This is ANY in-person group activity, other than school. If you have them in any sort of after-school care, homework club, music lesson, etc., they will have to wait to re-join soccer until the county restrictions are reduced.
What basic safety guidelines do coaches need to follow?
- All coaches must wear masks and gloves at all times, no exceptions
- Coaches use a player Health Check-In prior to each session
- Coach will always maintain 6 ft distance
- Coaches will complete their own assessment of player’s health BEFORE starting
- Ensure the players don’t “help” by collecting cones, moving goals, etc
- Coaches complete a mandatory COVID safety training, background check, including fingerprinting.
What do I need for practice?
- Bring your own ball
- Bring your water bottle
- Maintain 6 feet distance from others at all times
- Bring face mask and hand sanitizer
Are players required to wear a mask at practice? As of Jan 2021, all participants 9 years or older are required to wear a face mask at all times, even in high-exertion activities. Coaches will adjust their practice drills and increase the number of water breaks to make it comfortable for everyone.
How often are practice sessions?
U5/6 (2016 & 2015) Meet once a week for a 45 minute session
U7-12 (2014-2009) Meet twice a week for 60 minute sessions
Who runs practice sessions? Groups are led by two volunteers; one coach and one safety monitor to ensure compliance with all COVID protocols. Elite coaches will provide soccer training plans appropriate for this format and for each age group.
No other parents will be permitted on the field.
How do I become a coach? Recreational coaches are volunteers and typically parents of the players and must pass a background check. If you are interested in coaching a recreational team, please indicate your interest when registering your child.
Age Group Matrix
|Birth year||2016||2015||2014||2013||2012||2011||2010 and 2009||2008 and earlier|
|Game Format||4v4 No GK||4v4 No GK||7v7||7v7||7v7||7v7||9v9||11v11|
|Game Time (minutes)||4x10||4x10||2x25||2x25||2x25||2x25||2x30||U14: 2x35 U16: 2x40|
|Min to Play||3||3||5||5||5||5||6||7|
|Field Size (yards)||Length 25-35 Width 15-25||Length 25-35 Width 15-25||Length 55-65 Width 35-45||Length 55-65 Width 35-45||Length 55-65 Width 35-45||Length 55-65 Width 35-45||Length 70-80 Width 45-55||Length 100-130 Width 50-100|
|Max Goal Size (feet)||Height 4 Width 6||Height 4 Width 6||Height 6.5 Width 18.5||Height 6.5 Width 18.5||Height 6.5 Width 18.5||Height 6.5 Width 18.5||Height 7 Width 21||Height 8 Width 24|
* Can be combined with next age group up when there are not a sufficient number of players
|Contact||Recreational & Competitive|