How long is the Rec Training Program (COVID)? Typically a six week program
Will there be games or scrimmages? No games or scrimmages unless state and county orders are relaxed.
Can I participate in multiple sports or group activities? Children may only participate in one group within a three week period. This is ANY in-person group activity, other than school. If you have them in any sort of after-school care, homework club, music lesson, etc., they will have to wait to re-join soccer until the county restrictions are reduced.
What basic safety guidelines do coaches need to follow?
- All coaches must wear masks and gloves at all times, no exceptions
- Coaches use a player Health Check-In prior to each session
- Coach will always maintain 6 ft distance
- Coaches will complete their own assessment of player’s health BEFORE starting
- Ensure the players don’t “help” by collecting cones, moving goals, etc
- Coaches complete a mandatory COVID safety training, background check, including fingerprinting.
What do I need for practice?
- Bring your own ball
- Bring your water bottle
- Maintain 6 feet distance from others at all times
- Bring face mask and hand sanitizer
Are players required to wear a mask at practice? As of Jan 2021, all participants 9 years or older are required to wear a face mask at all times, even in high-exertion activities. Coaches will adjust their practice drills and increase the number of water breaks to make it comfortable for everyone.
How often are practice sessions?
U5/6 (2016 & 2015) Meet once a week for a 45 minute session
U7-12 (2014-2009) Meet twice a week for 60 minute sessions
Who runs practice sessions? Groups are led by two volunteers; one coach and one safety monitor to ensure compliance with all COVID protocols. Elite coaches will provide soccer training plans appropriate for this format and for each age group.
No other parents will be permitted on the field.
How do I become a coach? Recreational coaches are volunteers and typically parents of the players and must pass a background check. If you are interested in coaching a recreational team, please indicate your interest when registering your child.