Already in Season
CVSJ offers a competitive program for teams U10 and older. Complete this Interest Form if your player was born before 2015 and your player is ready for competitive soccer. Upon receipt of your information, our competitive player recruitment coordinator will reach out directly to you with information specific to your player.
Our competitive program is a great choice for players who are committed to fine-tuning their technical skills in a competitive environment, with the benefit of NO ADDITIONAL TRAINING EXPENSES.
Competitive teams are led by U.S. licensed coaches (volunteers) and play in the NorCal / CalNorth leagues, against other clubs within the Bay Area.
COACHES: want to know more about moving your team into the competitive program? Please email Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can set up a time to talk.
For coaches that want to see their recreational teams stay together and to further develop their coaching skills through education, partnerships with competitive coaches, etc.
- Formation of Competitive Teams starts with an interested coach.
- CVSJ helps coaches recruit players but the coach is ultimately responsible for reaching the minimum roster size (12 for 9v9 and 14 for 11v11).
- Teams compete in competitive playing leagues (CalNorth/CYSA/CCSL or NorCal). Includes regionally based leagues for Premier, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Copper level teams.
- Coaches are volunteers and can choose whether to coach just one season or both.
- Prior to the second season of play, coaches must complete the Grassroots Coach Education course for the level of play they are coaching (9v9 or 11v11).
- For more information, please email Pam Crone at email@example.com
- Fall Season: trainings start in July and typically finish mid-Nov to mid-Dec, depending on the tournaments the team elects to participate in.
- Spring Season: trainings usually start in February and typically finish early to mid June, depending on the tournaments the team elects to participate in.
- Team practices are typically 60-90 minutes, two to three times a week.
- Games are on Saturdays and sometimes Sundays.
- Games and practices are generally held at local schools/parks in the Cambrian - Willow Glen neighborhoods and San Jose City College.
- Examples of fields used are Ida Price MS, Fammatre Elem, John Muir MS, Schallenberger Elem, Booksin Elem and San Jose City College for turf.
- The basic uniform kit (two jerseys, shorts & socks) is purchased directly from SoccerKraze. Total cost is ~$100.
- There are no training fees.
- Tournament entry fees will be additional expenses.
- Optional apparel and team backpack available. Click Here
CV Select Teams and Tryouts
Teams and Tryout Dates
|2008||Girls||Rebels||Jesus Esparza Gomezfirstname.lastname@example.org||TBD||YES|
Teams and Tryout Dates
|2008||Boys||Willow Glen United (Fall Team)||Brian Mooneyemail@example.com||No||No|
|2009||Boys||Hawks (Fall Team)||Peter Maluttafirstname.lastname@example.org||No||No|
|2012||Boys||Honey Badgers||Barry Templinemail@example.com||650.815.5856||mid-June||Yes|