How long is the Rec Training Program? 8-10 Game season, mid-August through November
Will there be games or scrimmages? Yes, if state and county orders allow.
Can I participate in multiple sports or group activities? Yes
What basic safety guidelines do coaches need to follow?
- All coaches must wear masks and gloves at all times, no exceptions
- Coaches use a player Health Check-In prior to each session
- Coach will always maintain 6 ft distance
- Coaches will complete their own assessment of player’s health BEFORE starting
- Coaches complete a mandatory COVID safety training, background check, including fingerprinting.
What do I need for practice?
- Bring your own ball
- Bring your water bottle
- Maintain 6 feet distance from others at all times
- Bring face mask and hand sanitizer
Are players required to wear a mask at practice? Masks are required during play, as tolerated by the player. Masks are mandatory for coaches and observers at all times and for players not actively engaged in play (eg. on the sideline)
How often are practice sessions?
- U5/6 - 45-60 minute practice once a week*
- U7-16 - 60 minute practice once or twice a week*
* days of the week and exact times are determined by each coach
Who runs practice sessions? Groups are led by two volunteers; one coach and one safety monitor to ensure compliance with all COVID protocols. Training plans are developed by experienced and professional coaches.
How do I become a coach? Recreational coaches are volunteers and typically parents of the players and must pass a background check. If you are interested in coaching a recreational team, please indicate your interest when registering your child.