Registration for Recreational Youth Soccer is Open
Contact Us Email
News & Events
Wondering if your player is ready for a challenge? Looking for a coach who can fine-tune their technical skills in a competitive environment? CVSJ's competitive soccer program is a great choice for boys and girls who are committed to taking their skills to the next level.
2022 COMPETITIVE TRYOUTS WINDOW
- May 15 - June 26 (U10 - U14)
- May 23 - June 26 (U15-U19)
We take a unique approach to many aspects of youth competitive soccer, including player recruitment. We don't hold a high-pressure, one-time event for tryouts. We believe the best way to determine if a team and coach are a good fit is to spend time with them at regular practices.
Interested players should click on this link, share your contact info, as well as a bit of background, and we will be in touch soon.
- Led by U.S. licensed coaches (volunteers)
- Competitive play in the NorCal / CalNorth leagues
- Minimum 8 league matches
- No additional training fees
- Practices (2-3 week) are generally held at local schools/parks in the Cambrian - Willow Glen neighborhoods
- Fall Season starts in July and typically finish mid-November
- Players can choose whether to play just one season or both.
COACHES: Want to know more about moving your team into the competitive program? Please email Pam at email@example.com and we can set up a time to talk.
Central Valley Youth Soccer League is committed to providing a high-quality youth soccer program for boys and girls, 5 to 14 years of age, for our Fall 2022 season. We will focus on skill-building, promoting self-esteem, encouraging good sportsmanship, & fun for all players. Players will learn about the game of soccer in a safe, fun, and supportive environment.
Registration: Open from May 9, 2022 thru July 15, 2022
Age restrictions: Age is based on their age as of December 31, 2022
- U5 – 01/01/2018 – 12/31/2018
- U6 – 01-01-2017 – 12/31/2017
- U7 – 01/01/2016 – 12/31/2016
- U8 – 01/01/2015 – 12/31/2015
- U9 – 01/01/2014 – 12/31/2014
- U10 – 01/01/2013 – 12/31/2013
- U11/U12 – 01/01/2011 – 12/31/2012
- U13/U14 – 01/01/2009 – 12/31/2010
- U5/U6 - $185
- U7-U10 - $220
- U11-U12 - $240
- U13-U14 - $275
- Refunds will only be issued if your child cannot be placed on a team. No refunds will be issued after August 1st, 2022. Refund requests after this date will be subjected to a $50 fee and board approval.
- Requests: You may make 1 coach and 1 friend request; NO REQUESTS ARE GUARANTEED. No refund will be given, if your child is not placed on the team you desired, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- New Players: A copy of your child’s passport or birth certificate (Certificate of Vital Record issued by the county recorder) to verify the child’s age must be provided with registration.
- Season Information: Teams will play an 8-game season, with games being held on Saturdays, and sometimes on Sundays due to field availability. Games will begin September 10th and will be completed the weekend of October 29, 2022. Due to forces of nature (eg. rain or smoke) we will do our best to reschedule missed games, fields permitting.
Practice days/times are assigned to coaches and will begin in late August. The number of practices will vary, and generally increase with the age of the child.
Games and practices are generally held at local schools/parks in the Cambrian, Willow Glen and Rose Garden neighborhoods of San Jose, but sometimes may be at fields/parks in the City of Campbell.
CVSJ has always been a community based sports organization. That means our success relies on the dedication of parents and other responsible adults to handle the massive amount of work that goes into keeping this organization running.
We have numerous open positions with varying levels of time commitment, including committees. PLEASE consider taking on these important and rewarding roles. You can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are 7 tips for how parents can contribute to a Coach-Parent Partnership and encourage a positive environment that benefits youth athletes. Read More
Your purchases at smile.amazon.com will support CVSJ.
What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support us every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same low prices and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added benefit that AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to CVSJ organization.
Click here to get started!